Second Level Dressage (USDF v. 2023)
Everything you Need to Compete at Second Level
We're looking forward to helping you ride up the centerline for the first time in collected trot!
Second Level can be a challenge, all of a sudden you're entering the 'big leagues', are you and your horse ready? Discover how to be an effective and confident test rider to be successful at Second Level. With my Second Level Competition Course, you will learn how to improve your test performance, increase your scores, and get in the ribbons.
This course is designed for YOU, if you are:
- Confused about how dressage judging works
- Frustrated that you just can't get into the ribbons
- Stuck that you're not improving your scores or riding
- Afraid of test riding
- Struggling with confidence in the show ring
This course gives you:
- Confidence in your own abilities and in your ride
- The theory and logic behind the purpose of each level of Dressage
- Specific exercises for each movement in the tests
- How to build on your riding at each level to produce better rides
- The ability to increase your scores and abilities
This course, Second Level Dressage, is all about breaking things down and giving you the confidence to get out there and show! By understanding exactly what the judge is looking for, how to identify and improve your weakness, and going through each of the Second Level tests movement-by-movement, you will have a clear picture of what you will need to work on to enter the ring prepared for Second Level!
Second Level is a very difficult level with many horses and riders getting stuck. Second Level introduces the concept of collection and has a TON of transitions. It is very important to master the concepts at Second Level before introducing the flying changes and moving on to Third Level! This course explains exactly how to introduce shoulder-in, haunches-in, counter canter, simple changes, turn on the haunches, and MORE!
Invest in your education and make your show experience a success! It is so important to understand exactly what is expected in the show ring and what the judge is looking for. Practicing and working with your horse to understand and properly execute each movement is key. Showing is a performance, so get ready to really show off for the judges!
What you get when you enroll:
- Learn how to ride each movement
- Specific videos on topics such as (The Scoring and Collective marks, Shoulder-In, Haunches-In, Turn on the Haunches, Simple Changes, Rein-back, and MORE!)
- Get a step-by-step for each Second Level test (watch and listen to Amelia riding the tests)
- Learn the Theory (learn what judges are looking for)
- Getting the right mindset (train your mind and body)
- Competition Preparation (the warm-up, braiding, and more)
- USDF University credits
- Ability to ask questions at any time
- Lifetime Access
- 100% Horsie Guarantee (30-day, no questions asked!)
Make this year the season you improve your test performance, increase your scores, and win blue ribbons.
As a dressage trainer, my goal is to make good training accessible to everyone who is interested in learning. I want to help YOU "learn, to love your ride!"
Amelia is passionate about sharing her knowledge of riding, horses and dressage. She has trained numerous horses and riders from Training Levels to the Grand Prix. Dressage is hard and she loves the challenge of educating riders and horses. Amelia has a clear understanding of rider position, how to ride a horse and train the movements.
Unlike many top riders, Amelia was NOT a natural talent and fell off so many times in her early riding days that her instructor nearly told her parents she should quit riding! Perseverance, love of all horses, and determination, not innate talent, is what made Amelia into the rider and horsewoman that she is today. Amelia is incredibly grateful to all the teachers who have helped her on this journey especially Joh Hinnemann, Christine Traurig, Sue Martin, Larry Fleming and Julie Barringer-Richers and of course the thousands of horses she's ridden including Geronimo, Trump, and Harvey.
Amelia enjoys helping each individual student and horse find harmony, trust, and balance. "Nothing is more rewarding than watching one of my students glide harmoniously around the ring together with their horse! This makes my heart soar!" says Amelia.
Amelia hopes to one day represent the U.S.A. on the international circuit and loves training her three horses, Harvey, Kensington and Luigi in Los Angeles, CA. Amelia has her USDF Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, She is the winner of the prestigious USEF Carol Lavell Advanced Dressage Prize and a member of the USEF Dressage Development Program.
StartTurn on the Haunches (7:43)
StartShoulder - In from Second Level Test 1 (3:47)
StartHaunches-In (Travers) (7:59)
StartMedium Trot (10:46)
StartSimple Changes (17:26)
StartCounter Canter (10:37)
StartMedium Canter (0:59)
StartHalt and Rein Back (11:05)
StartShoulder-In and Haunches-In With a Student (7:52)