Throughness and Topline Development Workshop
Have you ever:
- Seen horses with great toplines and wondered how to achieve this for your horse?
- Felt the concept of “throughness” is still hazy (or totally alien!) to you?
- Wanted a deeper understanding of the musculature that creates throughness and a topline?
- Wanted to achieve that “uphill” feeling on your horse with light contact in the hand?
If these questions are resonating with you, then you will REALLY benefit from my workshop on Throughness and Topline Development.
Throughness is the ability for riders to find a soft, willing connection through the horse's whole body to increase rideability and performance. Throughness is essential for the progression of your horse through the dressage levels (and outside of dressage). It promotes self-carriage and back strength leading to healthier sounder horses for a longer, happier partnership.
In this workshop you will:
- Get a full 90-minute lecture on the theory behind Throughness and Topline Development!
- Learn how to do belly lifts and carrot stretches to get your horse flexing the right way.
- Learn some great groundwork exercises to implement throughness without the weight of the rider.
- Get "The Dog Bone", a GREAT ridden exercise that will help you unlock throughness with your horse.
- Get specific transition exercises to really ramp up your throughness and topline development.
- Learn a great rein-back exercise for throughness.
- Lifetime access to the course.
- And more!
Deepen your understanding of Dressage and how to achieve the ideal topline to allow your horse to perform better with my Throughness and Topline Development Workshop!
Get started now!
As a dressage trainer, my goal is to make good training accessible to everyone who is interested in learning. I want to help YOU "learn, to love your ride!"
Amelia is passionate about sharing her knowledge of riding, horses and dressage. She has trained numerous horses and riders from Training Levels to the Grand Prix. Dressage is hard and she loves the challenge of educating riders and horses. Amelia has a clear understanding of rider position, how to ride a horse and train the movements.
Unlike many top riders, Amelia was NOT a natural talent and fell off so many times in her early riding days that her instructor nearly told her parents she should quit riding! Perseverance, love of all horses, and determination, not innate talent, is what made Amelia into the rider and horsewoman that she is today. Amelia is incredibly grateful to all the teachers who have helped her on this journey especially Joh Hinnemann, Christine Traurig, Sue Martin, Larry Fleming and Julie Barringer-Richers and of course the thousands of horses she's ridden including Geronimo, Trump, and Harvey.
Amelia enjoys helping each individual student and horse find harmony, trust, and balance. "Nothing is more rewarding than watching one of my students glide harmoniously around the ring together with their horse! This makes my heart soar!" says Amelia.
Amelia hopes to one day represent the U.S.A. on the international circuit and loves training her three horses, Harvey, Kensington and Luigi in Los Angeles, CA. Amelia has her USDF Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, She is the winner of the prestigious USEF Carol Lavell Advanced Dressage Prize and a member of the USEF Dressage Development Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Workshops from Amelia are an amazing opportunity to enhance your training program. Whether you are in full training with a trainer or working mostly alone, these workshops will help you to understand the theory of Dressage and help you analyze the specific issues you are having with your horse and how to best approach them. Often it is difficult when you are in a live lesson to really understand the theory of Dressage training and to analyze the situation and problems you are having!